Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ROASTED VEGETABLE SOUP


Last week my net connection was down so you can imagine the suffering ;) , the worst part in it was that I could not post to my blog when I had promised I would have something up  every week  :( . Well I also believe that every cloud has a silver lining,  this week was my movie time so I didnt get time to cook still I can talk to you about a new dish.


I generally cook on Sundays as thats when am free and up in the morning :) last Sunday I had made Soup. All those who know me will tell you Sunday and no chicken...SURPRISE...!!! Well thats a funny little story. I wanted to make chicken and had asked the butcher on Friday itself to keep one ready for me by Saturday evening. When I went on Saturday he said its over so I told him to keep one by Sunday morning. I went to the shop 5 times on Sunday and he could not get chicken. Can u believe a butcher shop without meat or chicken :) .


Genarally its said we should get the ingredients available and then decide on the dish..... there's where i totally differ, I always plan what I wanna make and then go shopping. I have faced this problem of changing my plans at the end moment several time but it never happened that I didnt get the main ingredient. Anyways failing to get any chicken I was so sad and needed something comforting and easy to cook....so my Roasted Vegetable Soup was created

Print Page

FOR SOUP
Potatoes 2 number
Carrot 3 number
Parsnip 2 number
Pumpkin1/4 of a medium sized
Cauliflower1/2 of a large one
Milk2 cups
Ginger, grated2 teaspoon
Mint leavesA few handful
Oil2 tablespoon
SaltA per taste
PepperA per taste

     SOUP :-
  1. Preheat oven to 160C. 
  2. Peel and cut the vegetables in large cubes. Arrange them in a tray . Drizzle a bit of oil on the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
  3. Cover the vegetables in the tray with a foil. Roast the vegatables in the oven till they are done.
  4. Heat one tablespoon oil in a large saucepan; add the vegetables and cook during the process keep mashing the vegetables.
  5. Add the milk on the saucepan and stire the vegetables to it. Add salt and pepper and keep stiring.
  6. Blend the soup till smooth and keep cooking till the desired consistancy is reached.
  7. In a different pan heat one tablespoon oil, add the grated ginger and fry for 5 min. Add the mint leaves and fry for 1 min and add it to the soup.
  8. The soup is ready to be served.

I served it with crunchy grilled cheese sandwich...it did comfort me :) .



Priyanka

6 comments:

Comforting food definitely,soup looks hearty and healthy.

Soup looks awesome..:) very comforting..
Reva

Sunday market and no chicken !! Ohh hard luck baby..So now I know that sunday and you are inseparable :-D lovely thick soup ...

hearty, healthy and filling soup
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

Perfect comforting soup...Loved the color..

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More