Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CREAMY CARROT SOUP

The past too weekends were super tiring for me as I was busy looking for a house. Rents in any part in Bangalore has become a total killer. Also it was Monday yesterday and I had a very tiring and hectic day at work . To add to my misery I was the last drop so had reached home at 10:00pm......2 hours after I left  :'(.  Anyways lets forget all the sad things and move to something thats relaxing and fun....COOKING and BLOGGING :D .

Till some years back, I had some kind of a cold war with Carrots :) . Actually I didnt dislike them but I could never feel any great use of the vegetable. Whenever I am in Shillong, on Sundays my dad makes his super delicious noodles with lot of vegetable including carrot, so I felt that was the only best use of the vegetable. Then my mom started making Carrot Halwa, just remembering about her carrot halwa is making all drooly and humgry. 

According to me, she made the best Carrot Halwa I have ever tasted. Thats when I realized that this vegetable can be had in many different ways and I started experimenting-----Carrot Cake, Carrot and Chicken, Carrot puree with Grilled Fish etc. 

So when I came home yesterday all tired I decided to make some soup, soups have always helped me relax. Also today I had read in my Food Bloggers' Cafe page about everyone creating wonders withCarrot and it got me tempted to have Carrot, hence my Creamy Carrot Soup was created :) 


Print Page

Carrots 4 & half cup
Milk 1 cup
Cream 1 cup
Onions chopped
1 cup
Ginger juliennes 1 tablepoon
Oil
1 tablespoon
Salt
As per taste
Black pepper powder
1 tablespoon
Lemon juice
10-12 drops


  
    CARROT SOUP:-
  1. Boil water in a rice cooker with a pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon juice. Place the carrots in the cooker and cook till it softens.
  2. When the carrots are cooked, remove them from water and let it cool for some time.
  3. Transfer the carrots to a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
  4. Heat oil in the pan and add the chopped onions and ginger juliennes and fry till the onions turn brown.
  5. Add the pureed carrot to the pan and cook for 2 min.
  6. Stir in the milk, cream, salt and pepper to the pan and cook over low heat for 5 min. 
  7. The Creamy Carrot Soup is ready for the tummy.                
            
The soup was really a blessing after all the tiring work and am ready for the next challenges .... :)  










Priyanka

26 comments:

Wonderful and great looking soup...sooo creamy..

The soup is looking so warm and refreshing Priyanka... !

carrot soup looks just refreshing..very colorful...awesome !

So refreshing and colorful !! absolutely delicious !!!

It does look very refreshing and warming.... superb..
Reva

hearty n comfy..nice creamy soup..

US Masala

This really sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

A comforting soup!!! Looks inviting....:)
Prathima rao
Prats Corner

very nice and comfort soup, refreshing too
btw was not able to acess your blog, it redirects to some twitter sites

looks really mouthwatering and creamy rich! really lovely soup you have there priya :D

Very comforting and yummy! Hope you'll get your dream home soon...

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

I have not tried carrot soup before, but I love pumpkin soup so this must be good too!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm pleased because now I've found yours! This creamy carrot soup looks like a great dish for dinner. I've only ever tried pumpkin!

It's been years since I've had carrot soup...yours looks fabulous. I love the addition of ginger...so tasty!

I hope you find a new home soon...the looking and deciding can be so stressful. Glad cooking provides a nice distraction :)

First time here....
U have a wonderful space,glad to follow u....

Soup looks creamy and delicious.
Bookmarked it.

Check my space when u find time :)

site is working fine Priyanka

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower.
I invite you to visit my blog and follow me.

God Bless You :-)

Like the soup ..thick n creamy ...

Hello dear!!! i have a event running in my blog, do participate:)

Hey priyanka...I have an award waiting for u in my blog..Do collect it :)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

The soup looks so creamy and flavorful.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More