"An egg is always an adventure; the next one may be different." - Oscar Wilde
Eggs can be made in many different ways and each tastes better then the other.
I just love to eat eggs,I have egg dishes at least 2-3 times a week....too much :) well I know but cannot stop myself ;) .
I love eggs so much that my recent fav restaurant is The Egg Factory they have some awesome egg dishes and I have become a regular visitor.
As for this recipe....Actually friends were coming for dinner and I just didn't have anything good to cook and due to work load in office I could not go for shopping and just then came my Saviour EGGS and so this recipe was created.... :) . I call it BHAPA DIM which in English mean BAKED EGGS IN SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE. So here it goes....
Red Chilli Powder
1 medium sized
As per taste
- Hard boil the 4 eggs and let them cool,remove the shell and cut the eggs into half so that there are 8 egg pieces.
- Grind together cashew nuts,green chilly and the mustard paste into a fine paste.
- In a bowl mix smoothly the mustard paste with curd , coconut milk , turmeric powder , red chilli powder and salt. See that the mixture is not too free flowing.
- Cut the onion into julienne form and set aside.
- Coat a baking bowl with little oil , layer half the onion julienne in the bottom of the dish then place half the eggs and pour half the mustard mixture.
- On top of the mixture, place the rest of the onion julienne followed by rest of the eggs and the mustard mixture.
- To bake in the microwave , place a bowl of water in the microwave and place the baking dish on top of that see that the water just touches the bottom of the baking dish.
- Now cook it for 15-20 min......And WALLA....!!!
Serve it with steam rice......its goes very well with that.... :)