Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BAKED EGGS IN SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE


"An egg is always an adventure; the next one may be different." - Oscar Wilde
Eggs can be made in many different ways and each tastes better then the other.
I just love to eat eggs,I have egg dishes at least 2-3 times a week....too much :) well I know but cannot stop myself  ;)  . 
I love eggs so much that my recent fav restaurant is The Egg Factory they have some awesome egg dishes and I have become a regular visitor.
As for this recipe....Actually friends were coming for dinner and I just didn't have anything good to cook and due to work load in office I could not go for shopping and just then came my Saviour EGGS and so this recipe was created.... :) . I call it BHAPA DIM which in English mean BAKED EGGS IN SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE. So here it goes....


Print Page

Eggs
4 numbers
Cashewnuts
8-9 numbers
Curd
1 tablespoon
Mustard paste
2 tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder
2 teaspoons
Turmeric Powder
Half teaspoons
Coconut milk
1 tablespoon
Onion
1 medium sized
Green chilly
2-3 pieces
Mustard Oil
2 tablespoons
Salt
As per taste


  1. Hard boil the 4 eggs and let them cool,remove the shell and cut the eggs into half so that there are 8 egg pieces.
  2. Grind together cashew nuts,green chilly and the mustard paste into a fine paste.
  3. In a bowl mix smoothly the mustard paste with curd , coconut milk , turmeric powder , red chilli powder and salt. See that the mixture is not too free flowing.
  4. Cut the onion into julienne form and set aside.
  5. Coat a baking bowl with little oil , layer half the onion julienne in the bottom of the dish then place half the eggs and pour half the mustard mixture.
  6. On top of the mixture, place the rest of the onion julienne followed by rest of the eggs and the mustard mixture.
  7. To bake in the microwave , place a bowl of water in the microwave and place the baking dish on top of that see that the water just touches the bottom of the baking dish.
  8. Now cook it for 15-20 min......And WALLA....!!!
                    
  Serve it with steam rice......its goes very well with that.... :)



Priyanka

9 comments:

sounds different priyanka but looks fabulous........

Thanks so much for linking up and sharing something so unique with my readers for Tasty Tuesday. I have never tried baked eggs before, but I definitely will now. Please make sure that you link back to my site so that everyone can join in. (one of my two requests for linking up).

Egg curry looks soo rich and creamy,thanks for visiting my space..

wow, very very new and tempting.


US Masala

Wonderful mix of flavors. I love the cashews.

I love eggs too, and your recipe looks wonderful. Thank you for linking up to Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. I have sent you a follow request for Twitter which I hope you will accept.

It would be lovely to see you again tomorrow at the next edition of Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home - I hope you will stop by and link up again!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More